What We Believe
God has called us to be a bright light that shows forth His love, grace, and power. Lighthouse is a church where miracles happen: the miracles of restored lives, healed bodies, renewed minds, and mended hearts.
- We believe that there is one God, who revealed Himself to humanity in the person of Jesus Christ. (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Timothy 3:16; John 14:9)
- We believe that salvation is only found in Jesus Christ and is appropriated to humanity by God’s grace through the New Testament new-birth experience. (Acts 4:12; Ephesians 2:8; John 3:3-7)
- We teach that the new-birth experience is comprised of repentance, water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ, and the infilling of the Holy Spirit. This is the New Testament pattern for all believers to follow as a result of their faith in Christ. (Acts 2:38; Luke 13:1-5; Acts 10:44-48; Acts 19:5-6)
- We believe that when a person receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit, that person will speak with other tongues under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:4; Acts 19:6; Isaiah 28:11)
- We believe that God’s power is still active in the church and that healing, signs, and miracles are available to God’s people through faith in Jesus Christ. (Hebrews 13:8; 1 Corinthians 2:4; 1 Peter 2:24)